A NEOCLASSICAL MONUMENT
Athens Flair an architectural neoclassical masterpiece located in the heart of Athens, as it holds the essence of an old-world classical beauty in a city that celebrates its rich past in every single step. Its history only serves to enhance its character. The construction of the original building dates back to 1880-1889 and was designed by the Danish architect Theophil Edvard Freiherr von Hansen. In 1985 the building was classified as a work of art from the Greek Ministry of Civilization, thanks to its architectural merit and prominent location. Situated at the corner of Delfon and Didotou streets in Kolonaki area, it offers a prime example of architecture of the neoclassical era and is a listed building under Law 1469/50 that needs special state protection. In the neoclassical form of the building, there is an obvious influence from the Greek Doric Order, which was the first style of Classical Architecture in Ancient Greece.
A NEW ERA
Where rich history meets modern luxury with panoramic views over Athens, Athens Flair is a meeting point of the old and the new.
This beautiful neoclassical building was renovated by the architect Dimitris Sagonas and his executive team. Paying homage to its storied past, they created a luxury residence in Athens that intervenes history with a contemporary edge and modern décor, honoring the beauty of its architectural design.
It is a majestic and modern building – a true architectural jewel for the city of Athens. Harmoniously blending the past with the present, it combines elements of minimal design with contemporary aesthetics and the original elements of the building that have been conserved, such as the gorgeous marble staircase, delicate ceiling embellishments, the floors and walls in some of the interior spaces.
Guests will be fascinated by the simplicity and symmetry of the design of the interior areas. The property has been transformed into 6 luxury rooms & suites and a roof garden with magnificent views. While original aspects remain, the amenities are modern and luxurious for guests to indulge.
It is important to highlight the fact that this neoclassical mansion on Delphon and Didotou streets used to be the private residence of one of Greece’s most renowned actresses, Ellie Lambeti, who moved there during the German occupation in the 1940s. In her honor, the little square beneath the residence bears an elegant statue of hers.